During pregnancy your body goes through significant change, and this change can create emotional, hormonal and physical imbalance. We all experience pregnancy in a different way and reflexology can be a wonderful therapeutic tool for alleviating and preventing discomforts that arise from imbalance. Simply put, it helps restore homeostasis within the body and mind.
BENEFITS DURING PREGNANCY & LABOUR:
- General relaxation and relief from stress and anxiety
- Increased energy levels
- Reduction in heartburn, nausea and vomiting
- Stabilisation of blood pressure
- Relief from ligament and groin pain, including backache, SPD and sciatica
- Improved digestion and relief from constipation
- Better lymphatic flow and reduction of oedema (water retention)
- Strengthens the immune system
- Assists the natural onset of labour
Research has demonstrated that women who have regular reflexology treatment during pregnancy are also more likely to have shorter labour, more effective surges (contractions) and require less pain relief.
Helen Evans at Bloom & Birth is an experienced therapist and member of the IFR (International Federation of Reflexologists) specialising in maternity / pregnancy reflexology. To book an appointment, or to understand more about how reflexology can benefit you and your developing baby, please call Helen today on 07816 787294.